Sunday, June 17, 2012

Experiment

The night had mellowed into quiet, comfortable togetherness and the glasses lay on the ground, ignored for the time being. They'd served their purpose well and were now enjoying a well-deserved rest. Their users were lying on the ground, danced out and chatting.
Slowly, they fell silent, sitting together and enjoying the buzz.
I leaned out and touched the cheek so near my own, pulling her closer into a hug that slowly shifted, almost imperceptibly into more. My hands moved lower down the soft skin and along a form so similar to her own, enjoying the slightly forbidden element of this. We shifted a little so that she could shift her hands in similar ways, both slipping under the token covering of the huge tshirts to send goosebumps down each other's arms. It was like touching a mirror-response.
Slowly, we brought our lips together. I tasted the berry on her lips and smiled "You borrowed my gloss?"
She pulled back and laughed. "Yeah, I wanted to taste good."
I pulled her back, kissing her harder. The berry tasted better on her than it had ever done on me. "You can keep it, it's made for you. As long as I can taste it now and again."
The tshirts never stood a chance. They were flung away and lips began their movements down the paths that I'd secretly wanted someone to take for a few months. Her hair was open and flowing along the ground by her side, looking like an illustration. It flung into my face as she changed her position and now dangled by my left cheek.
A sudden sound made us start up and clutch at our tshirts and we were decent again by the time the guys walked in after their smoke and loo-break.

No comments:

Post a Comment